Monday, April 19, 2004

Sanding Back the Paint

Spent 2 hours this weekend sanding down the cabinet back to it original finish. Prior to starting the sanding I removed the T-Moulding which was not in as good a condition as I thought it was originally, so it looks like I am going to have to buy some new stuff as some point. I also removed some more of the old arcade monitor support and again this had been glued and tacked in. The mess this has left will need to be sanded down but I currently only have an Orbital Sander and this will not do the job, so it looks like I am going to have to borrow a Belt Sander for next weekend.

Finally got onto sanding the Cabinet and got the Right Panel, Front Bottom Panel, Part of the Top Panel and Half the Left Panel Sanded before I lost Light and had to go inside for dinner. The Right panel has a lot of Chips, Scratches and old Screw Holes so this will need to be filled with Wood Cement and sanded next week.



No comments: