Wednesday, January 05, 2005

Wiring up the Coin Mechanism

Wired up the Coin Mechanism today to except 20c pieces. I have an issue with Coin Mechanism only working if I hold down the Coin One Button. I have been troubleshooting this all day and have had no luck in fixing it when my father-in-law (an Electrician) came over and I explained the problem. He said it sounded like I had the micro switches on the buttons wired wrong (the switch was on not off) so we did some testing and guess what I did have the buttons micro switches wired wrong (my bad). My mistake came about by connecting them the same way as the joysticks micro switches, but they were different switches and as I found out the connections were different. Re-tested the Coin Mechanism and it now works with out an issue.

I have had to put a lock on the coin door sooner rather than later as my 1 year old daughter "Ashleigh" keeps on opening the door and trying to remove the wires.

No comments: