Friday, December 31, 2004

Painting the Cabinet Black

My Father-in-law got me some Black Semi-Gloss paint from the family Company, so special thanks go out to DarkZone for the Paint, check out their website here....

I gave the Cabinet 3 Coats of Paint and I got this done quite quickly as it was fast drying paint and could be re-coated in 30-45 minutes.I am sure the 32°C summer day help dry the paint.

I made a back panel for the Marquee and the Cabinet out of MDF and also painted this with the black paint. I also drilled two holes in the panels to make it easier to fit and remove them.

After the final Coat was dry I moved the Cabinet into my Games Room for the final construction and Setup. Even with no hardware in the cabinet it was very heavy and the use of a trolley made it just that little bit easier.

No comments: